Saturday, January 14, 2012

I cannot believe ~

It is so hard for me to believe that we have actually been out of San Dieguito High School for 62 years this June. Where did all those years go? It makes me think of the classmates/ friends  that we have lost in just the last, say, five years!  [Jim Cuthbert, Susan Dodge, Jo Anne Harris, Warren Lawyer, Bob Nysewander, Patt Pohlmann, Fred Remington, Shirley Rowland,  Ernie Swaim; David Wanner] Hard to believe until I put them down in print. But I also have to realize that we will all be 80 years old this year sometime. That really does blow my mind in every way. 

Think of the events we have seen in those years - men on the moon and  walking in space,  5 WARS -COME ON!!! - the price of new cars from $500 to starting  at $15,000,  price of loaf of bread from .08 to $1.60, a quart of milk from .16 to $1.20 and a baseball game from .35 admission to about $25.00 - and the one thing I remember from high school - getting gas for the car at about .25 cents a gallon to at least $3.50 today.  Course it is all relative to what a job paid you then to what you are paid today.

Imagine what will happen in the future - will we still see all the teenagers texting or having earphones "glued to their heads" listening to music. We know there will be many new electronics in the next few years - more to learn!  I almost shudder to think  of things like the "new graffiti" called TATTOOS.  Even my husband, John, who has had  little interest in my numerous computers through the years (except to have me find something for him) to now being engrossed with his new I-PAD2.  I think it is ALL amazing!

That is why I think it is sooo very important for all of  us to really make the special effort to come to our next reunion on August 25th and 26th 2012.  Who knows how many will be able to join us?  I always say - 'last one there, turn out the light' - but that now sounds ominous.  I am sure that we still have lots to catch up on and ask each other.  I cannot wait to see everybody.  Guess I will have to start bugging  Boss-Joe to come out with his plans. He always gives out our assignments and I do have to admit it works well.

So will wait (not patiently) to see just who we will be seeing and what we will be doing.  

Hugs to all ~
Bette


No comments:

Post a Comment